Mike Tyson is a former professional boxer and is one of the greatest heavyweight boxers ever.
Here’s a brief history of his life and career:
- Mike Tyson was born in New York City on June 30, 1966. He had a difficult childhood, growing up in a high-crime area and frequently getting into trouble.
- When Tyson was 13, he went to the Tryon School for Boys, a juvenile detention center in upstate New York. While there, he met Bobby Stewart, a former boxer who began to train him in the sport.
- Tyson showed a natural talent for boxing and quickly rose through the ranks of the amateur boxing world. In 1985, he turned pro and began a meteoric rise to the sport’s top.
- Tyson’s first professional fight was on March 6, 1985, against Hector Mercedes. He knocked Mercedes out in the first round.
- Over the next few years, Tyson became known for his ferocious fighting style and devastating knockouts. He won his first world title in 1986, at the age of 20, by defeating Trevor Berbick.
- In 1988, Tyson became the world’s undisputed heavyweight champion, holding all three major boxing titles at once. He was considered virtually unbeatable at this point in his career.
- However, Tyson’s personal life began to unravel in the late 1980s. He was married to actress Robin Givens, but the relationship was tumultuous and ended in a highly publicized divorce. Tyson also began to display erratic behavior outside the ring.
- In 1991, Tyson was arrested for rape and sentenced to six years. He let go after serving three years.
- Tyson returned to the ring in 1995 and continued to fight for several more years. However, he could never recapture his former dominance, and controversies and erratic behavior marred his career.
- Tyson retired from boxing in 2005 with 50 wins, six losses, and two no-contests. He is one of the greatest boxers the world has ever seen of all time, but his legacy was complicated by his life and behavior outside the ring.
Mike Tyson Real Name: Michael Gerard Tyson
Well Known As: Mike Tyson
Date of Birth: June 30, 1966
Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York City, United States
Profession: Former Professional Boxer, Actor, and Entertainer
Residence: Henderson, Nevada, United States
Education: High School Diploma
Mother: Lorna Smith Tyson
Father: Jimmy Kirkpatrick (biological father) / Purcell Tyson (adoptive father)
Wife: Lakiha Spicer (married in 2009)
Waist: 34 inches (86 cm)
Biceps: 18 inches (46 cm)
Weight: 220 lbs (100 kg)
Height: 5 ft 10 in (178 cm)
Siblings: Rodney Tyson (brother, deceased)
Brother: One brother
Body Type: Muscular
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Bald (formerly Black)
Skin Tone: Dark
Skin Texture: Smooth
Tattoos: Several tattoos on his body, including a tribal tattoo on his face
Jewelry: Often wears a gold chain and watch
Voice Tone: N/A